Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My first official domestic failure.

I'll warn you, this is sort of gross.

For Thanksgiving, I was a domestic rockstar and with the help of my mom, threw together quite the Thanksgiving feast. Every thing was delicious and I was beyond pleased with how it turned out.

I had made some green beans and thrown them into the crock pot so they'd stay warm all day.

Well...I forgot to clean that out. It was in the corner of the kitchen on the counter, and to be entirely honest, I just genuinely forgot about it.

So fast forward to...oh...I don't know...AFTER CHRISTMAS (shudder) and I made a discovery that I had forgotten these green beans. For a month. On the counter. In a crock pot.

I got in touch with my inner bravery, held by breath, pulled my shirt over my nose, turned on the water and garbage disposal and began disposing if what was left.

HOLY CRAP. It was foul. So anyway, I wash it all out, and I was like, "Wow! I'm so brave! There was like, old bacon in there and I found the courage to wash it and like, oh my gosh, I win the best-housewife-mistake-recovery award! Weeeeeee!!!"

Except something still smelled a little funky. I rewashed the bowl and lid, soaked them overnight...everything. Finally I realized that the smell was IN the rubber on the lid.

After doing more than one treatment of baking soda, I finally gave up yesterday and threw the whole thing away. I think I had only used it twice before that. Boo.

Oh well. They've updated that model, and now it comes with a spoon and spoon holder!

No comments:

Post a Comment