Thursday, March 15, 2012

2nd Trimester Recent Events Motivated Me to Update

How far along: 13 weeks, 3 days.
How big is baby: About the size of a small peach.
Total weight gain: I've actually lost a few pounds.
Sleep: I've been sleeping well, I just have to wake up early every morning because I need to relieve myself.
Maternity Clothes: I bought my first pair of maternity jeans recently, and they're amazing.
Morning Sickness: Um, I had an excellent streak of nothing. Until this morning. I'll spare you the details, but it was so intense my nose started bleeding.
Food cravings : Taco Bell Mexican Pizzas, French fries with ketchup & pizza. I apparently don't crave healthy things.
Food aversions: I've just been avoiding what I know I don't want, and no new developments lately, although I think that bacon maybe added to the list before too long.
Challenges: Adjusting to my ever-changing body.
Movement: Too early.
Boy or Girl?: I have an extensive ultrasound today to test for down syndrome, and the doctor said that they may be able to see what we're having today!
What I’m looking forward to: Finding out the gender.
What I miss: Sleeping in.
Next appt:A few hours.

So seriously, everyone says and all of the books say that morning sickness goes away after the first trimester. I know I'm only a few days into the 2nd, but I didn't appreciate my quality time with my head over a toilet this morning.

We had an appointment on Monday with the doctor, and she said that everything so far is coming along quite nicely. She said that the baby's heart-rate was good and strong, (154bpm) and kept saying how pleased she was with the heart-rate.

At the appointment, I also found that I've lost a couple of pounds, and I know that a couple of pounds isn't much, but considering that you gain weight in pregnancy, I was impressed. I've been saying that through this process, I hope to lose fat and only gain healthy weight for the baby, and so far that seems to be working. However, that's probably not going to be successful if I give into my cravings too often. ;)

I also was in disbelief that I have lost any sort of weight since I feel fatter than ever. I had to break down and buy maternity pants because mine were just getting too uncomfortable, and I can't say that I regret that decision, because those pants are probably the most comfortable pants I own, and I will not be looking forward to give them up when the time comes.

In work related news, it's Thursday and my spring break has finally started. We had rehearsal Monday-Wednesday, and I'm definitely grateful for the next few days off, but I wish it had been all week. However, we got a lot accomplished in just a few short days.

And now, I'll leave you with the latest picture of our baby. :) It's a little blurry, but you can see the face and arms and legs! The baby kept waving at us and at one point jumped like a jumping bean. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment