Monday, March 8, 2010

It's been a few.

I've hardly been on the computer lately because I've been so busy.

The first thing that happened was that I came down with strep throat. Luckily I didn't really have any fever, but the pain was pretty bad. However, the medicine worked quickly and I was fine the day after I got my diagnosis.

I went to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Cook-Off with a friend who works for a company that was entered into the competition. We ate lots of delicious barbecue and spent the day enjoying the carnival. Originally, there were 4 of us altogether, but then my friend's sister and the sister's boyfriend left so it was just my friend and I. We decided to go do the fun-houses and we couldn't stop laughing. It was a nice change to feeling like crap.

Natalie, Kim, Christy & Me


That night I coughed and coughed and coughed (possibly due to the smoke from the cook-off) and had to relocate myself to our guest bedroom so that Travis could get some sleep. As soon as I woke up that morning, my phone rang and it was my mom. She was telling me that my uncle had died early that morning and had been in a victim of a hit-and-run. This was my uncle that I wasn't particularly close to, as he had a really difficult life. I spent the week going to my mom's house every day, helping with my grandparents and my nephew so that my mom could make all of the funeral arrangements.

Hopefully, this week will be much calmer and normal. Travis leaves tomorrow to go to Beaumont, and then he, his brother and some friends are going to New Orleans for a Chick-Fil-A opening and to spend some time just hanging out down there. He'll be gone until Friday, so I'll just be here, hoping to find something to do. :)

I must confess that right now, due to poor daytime programming, I'm semi-watching an episode of Full House and they're trying to teach Michelle to read. Their tactics really are terrible. No wonder she couldn't read yet. People, don't let Full House teach your child to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment