Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blegh.

I'm sick for the first time in a while. Boo.

Sunday I woke up with a sore throat, followed by a fever that night. The next day no sore throat, no fever, but hoarse. Tuesday and today...sore throat, coughing and sniffly. What kind of illness is this? Indecisive.

I did, however decide to go to the movies today with my friend Jill. We chose Dear John which was pretty decent, I suppose. The plot was predictable to me, but I stayed intrigued. I didn't appreciate that girl ending things with him the way she did, but whatever. It's a fictional story.

Onto real life, last night Travis and I used our outdoor George Foreman grill for the first time. We decided to make burgers. I have no actual recipe for seasoning burgers, but I felt that they came out to be quite delicious. I just used barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, onion powder and a little garlic powder. I do wish that we had a regular grill, but that would be more inconvenient for us than anything else right now.

Tonight, I watched the new episode of The Real World, and not only do I continue to dislike Ashley, I really just wanted to hit Josh for being such a jerk to his girlfriend. I hope that she realizes that she is much better off without a guy like that in her life. I know that it's 4 months apart from each other, but it's not like they have no communication. I would expect for Travis to be able to survive 4 months without me being physically near him and not cheat during that time.

On a much less superficial note, since being introduced to the story of Eva Markvoort, I keep checking her blog. On February 11, she posted the video that I posted a few entries ago, and then they told her she just had a few days. I'm happy to see that she's still hanging on and continuing to relish every moment she's been given with her loved ones. Her story and strength continue to impact me, and I am continuing to pray for her and her family.

I randomly decided to watch Seven Pounds again, and it just continues to move me. Knowing a story like Eva's, it makes you wish that everyone had just an ounce of the compassion as the character in that movie. Obviously, I don't expect anyone to do what he did, but I just want people to understand that kind of compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment