Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Gather 'round, young grasshoppers.

It's been a long minute since the last time I made a post. I keep finding myself spending less and less time on the computer, but this could be because more friends are less busy since school has let out for the summer.

But don't be confused, my life hasn't jump-started into being really exciting. What did I do today? I tie-dyed 5 shirts for a camp that I'm going to next week with my church (as a leader.) It's called Super Summer and everyone has a color that they're in based on their age---except for the leaders of course...I've been assigned to Yellow, which is students that are going into the 11th grade. Everyone represents their group by wearing their color, and I just couldn't deal with wearing a plain yellow shirt, and I don't really have yellow in my wardrobe, so I bought white shirts and did some amateur tie-dying just to make it a little bit more exciting than plain yellow. To anyone scratching your head...if you knew the camp, you'd understand.

So I've been continuing in exercising, but I am still working on finding a workout that suits. I easily become bored with a warm-up on the bike, 30 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and treadmill. I've been taking advantage of the pool at the gym recently, and I have really enjoyed it. This is a new addition to my workout regimen, but yesterday I swam 800 meters doing all sorts of different strokes. It's amazing what I remember from swimming lessons when I was 5. We're going again to the gym in just a bit, and I'm really excited.

Today, I booked the hotel for our trip to New Braunfels this summer. I'm beyond ecstatic about the whole thing. It's one of my absolute favorite trips of the year, this only being my third time to go and ride the river. We went several times when I was a kid, but we never tubed down the Comal River. Travis's parents took us 2 years ago and I decided then it would have to become an annual trip. Last summer, Travis, my brother, my best friend and I all went and I'm pretty sure I've never laughed so hard in my life. I'm so excited. C'mon July 22!

That's all for now. Maybe I'll remember to post more later. :)

1 comment:

  1. Did y'all visit the tube shoot? I lived in New Braunfels for 2 years when I was a kid. When I lived there it seemed so much smaller, but we never ran out of things to do.

    ReplyDelete