Thursday, June 7, 2012

25 weeks and counting...

How far along: 25weeks, 5 days

How big is baby: According to thebump.com, the baby about the size of a cauliflower, weighing about 1.5-2.5lbs, measuring 13-14ish inches.
Total weight gain: About 6lbs.
Sleep: Getting better. I was having trouble sleeping on my right side because it was making my hip hurt, so Travis and I decided to try switching sides of the bed, and it's been a good choice.
Maternity Clothes: Definitely
Morning Sickness: Nope
Food cravings: For a while I wasn't really wanting sweets as much, but in the last couple of weeks, I've been wanting them more.
Food aversions: Nothing new.
Challenges: Any time I drop something, (which is all the time) it's so hard to bend down to pick it up, and it's even harder to come back up.
Movement: All the time!
Boy or Girl?: Boy. 

What I’m looking forward to: We're planning to start our baby registries tomorrow, and I'm also looking forward to getting the nursery underway.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach. Last night at some point, I must have decided to lay on my stomach, and it was so uncomfortable it woke me up.
Next appt: This Monday.



I know it's been forever since my last update, and I'm sure nobody really noticed, as the school year was coming to an end, I just didn't have time to update, and when I did, I found my time was better used laying around and being unproductive...speaking of being unproductive,

SUMMER IS HERE!

I'm so happy that it finally arrived. Those last few weeks were crazy. I had students doing/saying all sorts of crazy things. Examples, you ask? 

I gave my acting classes about a week and a half to prepare for their finals, which was to find a scene or monologue in the library. Once they found it and had it approved by me, they were to complete a worksheet over the scene and then begin working on it.  They had 3 days in the library and the rest of the year in class. The last Friday of the year, I was disappointed because of low attendance in class, and that day as I was leaving for the afternoon, I see one of my students that had skipped class, and had their final the day after Memorial Day. I asked the student why they weren't in class that day, and the conversation went as follows:

Me: Where were you today? You missed the last chance to work on your scene before Tuesday.
Student: Oh, well, I wasn't at school today.
Me:
Really? Then why are you here at 4pm on a Friday? You came back?
Student: Well, I was here, but I wasn't here.
Me: So in other words you were skipping?
Student: No, no, no, no, I was in school but I wasn't in school.
Me: Well if you weren't in school, why are you still wearing your ID? Is it a fashion choice? 
Student: ......
Me: I tell you what, I don't really care if you skip class or not, because it isn't my grade that's on the line. But I'll tell you what I do care about...I care about your partner that couldn't practice today because you were skipping class. 
Student: I'm sorry.
Me: Tell that to your partner, not to me. Again, it's not my grade. It's yours. Have a great weekend.

Then I continued toward my car, and it felt like one of those moments in a movie where the wind is blowing in the character's hair and they have excellent music on the soundtrack.

In addition to that, if I had a dollar for every time I had a student tell me, "You don't understand. School is almost over, I'm done doing work" I would be at least $100 richer. 

In other news, we've still yet to really begin on preparing for Baby Nathan's arrival. We have picked out the bedding that we want, and this week I was even going to get the crib, but Target has discontinued the crib I was wanting to get.

Thanks a lot, Target.
I was shopping online when I saw that none of the Target stores in my area were currently carrying the crib, but the Galleria Target store allegedly had 2, so I rounded up my brother-in-law and his wife, The Hazzardous Housewife to join me in the exciting adventure to the Galleria to get Nathan's crib. They were still showing that they had two, but a man from the store-room, Larry, explained to us that it was an error in the system, as he scoured the store-room for us, and that it showed in the system as a discontinued item. He did offer a little hope though...he said that Target was about to put out a new line of baby items, and that they often bring back popular items, and sometimes they're just updated. He said that this particular crib is very popular and he wouldn't be surprised if they brought it back. Here's to hoping that Larry is on the right track. :)

Travis and I also made our first trip to Babies-R-Us since we found out that we were having a baby, and we picked out the baby's bedding, assuming he'll eventually get a crib to sleep in.

The picture is horrible, just like the Babies-R-Us website.
It's overwhelming to me when I think of how loved our child is already, and he isn't even here yet. I know how much I love him, and of course Travis does, but when people that are friends and family get excited about Nathan, I'm overwhelmed. Above I posted the link to my sister-in-law's new blog, and she has recently begun learning to sew, and she made Nathan wash cloths because she needs a project, but I think that she also just wants to do fun things for her first nephew. On the last day of work, one of my teacher-friends was so sweet and gave me a gift bag full of brand-new (and adorable!) outfits for Nathan. Again, it just overwhelms me how much people love our baby already. :)

In my hiatus from blogging, I didn't really take time to take pictures of my growing belly, but I did take one, so I'll leave you with that.


Until I remember to post again,


3 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica! If you miss sleeping on your stomach, take advantage of the pool! When I was pregnant with Emma and couldn't sleep on my stomach, we went to the pool and I hung out on a mesh type floating thing and the mesh let my belly just be as big as it was and i could relax on my stomach and it was AMAZING.

    AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this double posts, I'm sorry.

    The crib seems to still be available online without any restrictions and has a special shipping rate of $29.99 through July 28th. If there are any problems with it, you can return it to your local Target, per their own return policy. Sad thing is, I saw this crib in the Target near the apartment about a week ago. :( Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did see that, Valencia, but I'm going to wait until they roll out the new line of baby merchandise, because I know that the second that I order it online, they'll have something that I'll love even more in store.

    I also know that because I'm waiting, they'll roll out their new baby merchandise and I'll just order the crib online because I won't like any of the new stuff.

    This just goes to show that I am impossible to please and/or I have really bad luck with the kinds of things.

    ReplyDelete