Sunday, July 8, 2012

30 Weeks?! Where has the time gone?!

How far along: 30 weeks, 1 day

How big is baby: About the size of a cucumber, weighing around 3lbs.
Total weight gain: Ugh, I'm up to like, 14lbs. I'm ready to jump off a cliff. I've gained a lot in the last two weeks.
Sleep: Awful. Horrendous. Lacking.
Maternity Clothes: Definitely
Morning Sickness: Nope
Food cravings: Today and yesterday all I could think about was a Whataburger with cheese, mayonnaise, ketchup and pickles only. I definitely gave in today and it was worth every calorie.
Food aversions: Nothing new.
Challenges: Doing anything without being in pain.
Movement: All the time. And it STILL makes me smile with ooey-gooey love when he moves.
Boy or Girl?: Boy. :)
What I’m looking forward to: Meeting Nathan and the day when it doesn't hurt to move.
What I miss: Doing things and it not hurting my back and hips.
Next appt: Friday. I wish it was tomorrow.

If anyone is wondering, "How many weeks are in a pregnancy?" the answer is 40, which means that I only have 10 weeks to go, which is totally bizarre to me.

The last week has probably been the most uncomfortable for me so far. I guess since I breezed through the first 20-something weeks of pregnancy, my body is finally tired of pretending like pregnancy is easy. I'm having a lot of back pain and things like that, so getting comfortable and staying comfortable is getting increasingly difficult, and forget about sleeping comfortably. I guess that's my body's way of preparing me for interrupted sleep for the next...18 years?

In more exciting baby news, I've bought two things lately for Nathan. I haven't bought anything in quite a while because I'm waiting to see what we're given at our baby showers, but these were two things that were custom-ordered that are probably a waste of money but so cute I couldn't resist:

I was looking on Etsy one day, and stumbled across these from an Etsy Store.

A baby hanger with his name on it! I love it!
Also, while looking on Etsy one day to see if the hanger had been shipped yet, I found the CUTEST owl hat, and was able to get one made by Wix-Works on Facebook. Today, she posted the finished product, and I'm anxious to get it in! I was able to pick out the colors, so that was fun. :)

I want to use it for newborn pictures. I can't wait to see his little precious face with this on! :)
I mean seriously. ISN'T THAT JUST THE MOST PRECIOUS HAT EVER?! It makes me melt a little.

This weekend, we had our childbirth classes, which I've been referring to as 'Baby Classes' because the word 'childbirth' gives people weird mental images. You're welcome, by the way. Anyhow, I feel like Travis and I learned a lot, although we really had fun making fun of the out-dated videos. The fashions of the mid-90s were so...hideous. Travis said the video wasn't too bad, because he had to watch a birth in health class, but my teacher opted not to show that video in our class, and while I've seen it before, it wasn't like, a zoomed-in angle of the whole process. Yikes. I guess this is why hospitals give you drugs.

Today's classes were about infant care and feeding, so we had dolls to practice with. We swaddled the doll a handful of times, and for some reason, THAT has officially put me in nesting-mode. I'm ready to get the baby's room together. I'm want to clean out closets and get our life organized, etc. I'm hoping to actually have energy for all of this nesting, but the urge is definitely there. I want everything to be ready for Nathan's arrival, because I am SO ready to meet him. I don't want him to come today or anything though. We have a crib and no mattress, and a few outfits. The end. So we aren't ready for him to get here yet---besides, he still has a lot weight to gain, but I am so anxious to see and meet him. All of the talk today about bonding with baby has increased this desire more than ever.

But I know that 10 weeks will fly by in no time, and he'll be here before I know it, so I won't wish it all away, because if I do, he'll be in Kindergarten before I know it, which would make me cry.

Speaking of crying, I got a little misty-eyed today when I thought about seeing Travis' face when Nathan gets here. It's like my heart exploded with lovey-dovey happiness and the only way to put it back together was to get misty-eyed. I'm such a nerd, but I can't help it. I was thinking about when he goes out of the room to tell the family in the waiting room that the baby is here, and how they're going to react, and just---yeah. I'm officially THAT pregnant person. :)

I'm also the pregnant person who has a quickly growing belly:

Don't worry, I feel as pregnant as I look, if not more.

1 comment:

  1. You are one beautiful lady and you are positively glowing! Nathan is going to be so lucky to have such loving parents and such a wonderful extended family to shower him with love and adoration. :) I'm really, really happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete