Monday, July 23, 2012

8 weeks to go!

How far along: 32 weeks, 1 day

How big is baby: About the size of a squash, in the 3lb range still.
Total weight gain: 16lbs. I lost like, 2lbs this week. Yay.
Sleep: Now that I'm finding positions to sleep in that are painful, it's getting better, but it's not at all what it used to be.
Maternity Clothes: Definitely
Morning Sickness: Nope
Food cravings: Nothing too specific.
Food aversions: Nope.
Challenges: Doing anything without being in pain.
Movement: Yes he does...and we're transitioning from kicking movements to more of a rolling movement since he's getting so cramped in there.
Boy or Girl?: Boy. :)
What I’m looking forward to: Our baby showers! They'll be here in just a couple of week!
What I miss: Doing things and it not hurting my back and hips.
Next appt: Friday. We're going every two weeks now.



My last appointment was good. She told me that I passed my gestational diabetes test with no problems and that my iron levels were impressive. He's measuring right on time and had a healthy heartbeat.

It looks as though we're having a stubborn child, though I'm still convinced that I, being the easy-going-laid-back person I am could NEVER produce a stubborn child, therefore he must be shy like his dad, because when she was looking for his heartbeat, he kept moving where she couldn't get a good quality sounding heartbeat to get a good count. He also seldom moves when someone wants to feel him  move, even if he was just moving. This is why I'm convinced that he's just shy.

Last week, I volunteered at our church to drive for a kids-day-camp, since my nephew was going for the first time, and while it was incredibly fun, I am still recovering from doing more work than I have done all summer. Apparently, my skin is 100% more sensitive now than it was before I was pregnant, because I got a terrible sunburn and it's healing much slower than normal. Usually, when I get a bad sunburn, within a day or two it's better, and while it doesn't really hurt now, it's still not making progress as quickly as I'm used to.

This week, I'm giving myself an actual to-do list. First of all, we have to find a place to live, ASAP. We came home a week or so ago to find that our lease is up 2 months earlier than what we thought---so it's up September 30th. With a September 15th due date, that's a little scary. We've found a potential place to live, so it's just a matter of getting everything situated. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can work something out with our complex and where we're hoping to move so that we can move in during the beginning of September instead of the end. Even if we have to pay two full-rents in September, I feel like it'll be worth it, because the idea of dealing with a newborn as a first-time mom AND moving when he's 2 weeks old is something I can't even begin to wrap my head around.

If we're able to move in the beginning of September, then I'll be able to get the nursery together before Nathan arrives. That is something I really want to do. I want to have his room completely set up the way I want it before he gets here to make life easier, but also, because I just want to. I've been looking forward to set up the nursery for my children since...forever. I hope it works out so that I'm able to.

I just keep reminding myself that God takes care of things and that He'll take care of it all. 

I also need to get my maternity leave arrangements taken care of and finalized this week. I also need to work on my lesson plans for while I'm on leave. For two of my courses, I know exactly what I'm doing, so it's just a matter of getting it organized, but for my other course, I'm still trying to figure something out for them to do. Hopefully something comes to me sooner rather than later.

I also need to call the pediatrician we're hoping to have and see if he's taking new patients, and if so, get all signed up...and that reminds me that I need to get registered at the hospital.

Can I please get a secretary? I have a lot of tasks to do, and I'd much rather take a nap and have someone do it all for me. I'll pay you $1/hour. I know...it's an offer you can't refuse. I can't wait to work with you. ;)

I guess we'll see if I am able to get some of that done this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment