Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm a neglecter.

So I have been terrible and neglected my blog for a while. But I've been kind of busy, I guess.

Last week, Travis and I went with his brother (Bryan) and Bryan's girlfriend Alissa to a Chick-Fil-A opening about an hour from here in hopes of being in the first 100 and getting free Chick-Fil-A for a year.

We were not in the first 100, but were there in time to qualify for the raffle...which we didn't win, but whatever. We had a good time and lots of laughs. It may have been a day wasted, but it's not like I missed work for it or anything. It was something to do.

Over the weekend, I went to the beach and it was so pleasant. I really enjoy a sunny day just laying in the sun with a friend, watching the water.

I also watched this movie with some friends this weekend called Arlington Road. It was a fairly low-budget movie made in 1999 with Jeff Bridges and Tim Robbins. It ultimately was a fictional story about terrorism in America by Americans, and it was actually really good. It was filmed in surrounding areas to where I live, and the homes that they used for the neighborhood was filmed literally around the corner from my friend's house, though she didn't live there at the time. It was strange because we walked by the houses and then watched the movie, so it was like, "Hey! I was just there!"

I watched Precious today. I don't know what I was expecting, but I don't think it's what I was expecting, though I have to give credit to the acting in the movie. I do think I liked it, though it was a little rough to watch.

I guess that today is a movie theme, because I am going to have to spend some time soon watching American Beauty. I was thinking about that movie yesterday and realized I haven't watched it in a while. It's one of my very favorites, and I've probably seen it a gazillion times.

I often wonder if anyone else is like me and can watch movies over and over like I can. But if it's a movie I really like, I enjoy the story. It's like reading an old book over and over. It's just something that you do.

Anyway, I'm boring and that's all I have for now.

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty much how I felt after I saw Precious. I thought it was really good and well acted, but it just left me feeling like I wanted to scrub my brain. I think M wanted to jump out the window.

    How is this the first time I've ever seen your blog!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had it very long, Salt. I had it posted in my sig for a while, but I think that may have been while you were off getting all marriaged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a movie fanatic and there are plenty movies I can watch over and over. Precious is not one of them. I may watch it once more just so that I can understand it better, but then I am done. Unfortunately I have known people whose stories were not too far off from her's. It's not so hard to imagine, just really hard to see so graphically.

    ReplyDelete