Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Whew.

Today is one of the first days in a while that I've found myself at home, sitting in front of the computer for more than 10 minutes.

I turned 25 in May, and that was just in time for the summer. You see, my church won't let you drive a van until you're 25, and in the summers, our youth department goes all sorts of places, thus needing vans and drivers. My brother-in-law, his girlfriend and my friend, Emilee are all interns this summer, so I've been volunteering my time to drive them from place to place and to be a 'youth sponsor' for things like camp.

This has obviously cut my 'sitting around time' in half and I've hardly been home. We had Super Summer a few weeks ago, which is a week-long camp for students that are considered to be the leaders in their group, followed by a week off, but that included a trip to the beach and a few other outings that kept me busy. The next week I had responsibilities to be the 4th grade director of our Vacation Bible School, so I was busy with that, and then last week I was at our church's youth camp as an adult sponsor.

I have really enjoyed having reasons to be out of the house, but I also enjoy time to sit. On Monday I spent the afternoon at my friend's house watching movies and being lazy, yesterday I took my mom out looking for cars, because the one she had kicked the bucket, and we found one, but that took all day due to traffic, test drives, etc.

My mom isn't a person with a lot of money, and she had been driving my old car, which was a 1992 Buick LeSabre, but she was letting my brother drive it a lot, and he drives cars really hard, mostly because he's 19. My mom has been working the Census and has earned a great deal of money through that and with some other money she had saved up, she was able to buy a 2000 Infiniti I30. It's in excellent shape. It has a few scratches in the paint, but every feature still works really well and she said it drives well. She feels safe in it, and it's in her price range. She did the Carfax on it and found that it only had one owner, it had regular maintenance, and was traded in for a new Infiniti, so the previous owner was someone who is willing to spend money on a nice car and takes care of it. We're supposed to go get it today.

You would think that with how busy I've been that I'd have a lot more to say, but I really don't. I guess I've been talking a lot lately so I'm all talked out.

:)

1 comment:

  1. That's great about your mom getting a car. I know how that can be.

    You know, when I used to go to our youth camps I always imagined that one day I would be there as a 'youth sponsor'. I am feeling a little nostalgic now.

    ReplyDelete