Saturday, July 31, 2010

Let's talk about Big Brother.

And I don't mean the government, because television is far more exciting.

I remember when I was in high school and this show, Big Brother was being introduced. I think I watched one episode with my family and was bored with it, but now, I'm older, I'm wiser, and frankly, I have more free time. My sister has been an avid Big Brother fan for years and I never understood her interest, until now.

A few weeks ago, I was at one of the Schlitterbahn water parks in Texas with my church. I had volunteered to drive a van so that the teenagers could go. Travis came too, as well as a few of my friends, so I figured it'd be a day well spent. In our youth group is a student named David, and David loves watching television. It's crazy how much t.v. he is able to watch. Anyway, so he was asking me if I was going to watch the new season of Big Brother and I told him no. He then told me about how this season was different, and as he was explaining that there was going to be a saboteur on the show, and that's what I found to be intriguing. You see, there was once this show called The Mole where there was a saboteur to throw off the missions and screw up everyone else's game, and I loved that show! I was pretty upset that it was canceled.


So, I opted to give Big Brother a shot, and I'm pretty glad I did. Who knew that there were 3 hours of reality tv drama a week in the summer time, just when you're getting tired of summer programming?! Well, I guess the millions of Big Brother viewers knew, but whatever. Now I'm hooked. I like that right when you're wishing for the next episode, there's one to air that evening. Ok, let's talk about THIS season.
Annie, the Saboteur

I couldn't believe that the original saboteur was out during the first week, and that wasn't even why they tried to get her out. They had no idea that Annie was the saboteur.

Rachel
Brendan
Then, week two, my absolute least favorite person on the show, Rachel is the HoH (head of household, they get to nominate 2 people for elimination, only vote for the nominee if there is a tie, and they obviously can't get eliminated that week) and she puts one of my favorite people, Brittany, up for nominations, and I was a little bummed. Rachel is a girl from Vegas, she has an annoying laugh, and is just obnoxious in general. She's a "chemist" and has started in a showmance with Brendan, a high school coach and physicist. They've bonded over science and are known as a power couple. When she was HoH, she wouldn't make decisions without Brendan, and it was really obnoxious. Most of the house seems to find Brendan to be tolerable, as do I, but Rachel...not so much. She always, always, ALWAYS says something along the lines of, "Nothings going to come between me and MY MAN!" She needs to learn that saying, "MY MAN" is dumb.

Monet
Britney
Britney is a young girl from Arkansas, and I really enjoy when she talks about Rachel. It makes me laugh, and I'm pretty sure that she'd be pretty fun in real life. After she had been nominated for eliminations, (aka "being put on 'the block') she was in the Power of Veto competition. This is when the 2 nominees as well as 3 other house members compete for the power of veto, which can take someone off "the block" and then the HoH will put someone else in. It's the chance that a nominee has to save themselves, or for someone else to save them, however, if someone wins the PoV that isn't on the block, they don't have to use it. Luckily, the PoV went to Britney that week, and she was able to stay, while her friend Monet went home. I'm pretty happy that Britney got to stay, though I think that Monet tended to bring out her funny-judgmental side.

The Brigade: Matt, Enzo, Lane & Hayden

Andrew
Kathy








The third week, the winner of the HoH competition was Matt, a self-proclaimed genius, who is telling everyone in the house that his wife is sick, when she in fact, is not sick. He's playing the sympathy card with his housemates, and they all seem to believe him. His wife, however, was not quite as happy, but whatever. Matt is a member of the Brigade, a secret alliance comprised of Matt, Enzo, Lane and Hayden. If Matt's a genius, you would think that he would put Rachel and Brendan on the block, because you want to break up any known alliances in the house as soon as you can. What did Matt-the-Genius do? He put neither of them on the block, instead, he put Kathy and Andrew. Andrew, at times, can be annoying as all get-out, and his plans pretty much always backfire on him, and Kathy, though she has tarantula-eyelashes, is nice to everyone and I thought she was an odd choice, but apparently, she had made Matt mad, so he put her up. When asked by Julie Chen, the host of the show, to give a last minute plea for votes, Andrew decided to share secrets about everyone in the house, in hopes that everyone would realize that everyone's lying, but instead, everyone decided that he was a jerk and it was a unanimous vote that Andrew would go home.

After eliminations, was the next HoH competition, and who, of ALL people was the one to win HoH?
Week 4 HoH, Rachel

Kristen
The root of all that is evil in Big Brother: Season 12, Rachel. It's going to be another long week in the Big Brother house. I'm pretty sure that she's going to put Matt up, and normally, I like him, but his failure to put Rachel on the block makes me think that he deserves to go home. However, I think that she just may be smart enough to add a twist, and put Hayden up against his newly revealed showmance partner, Kristen. Part of Andrew's final plea included him throwing Kristen and Hayden under the bus, revealing that they've been in a showmance hat had fallen under the radar, and because Rachel likes being the center of attention, I can see her putting Kristen and Hayden on the block. After all, nobody is going to break up her and her man, right?

Ragan
The show producers have also thrown out something new, since Annie got eliminated the first week: they're going to offer a housemate the position of saboteur. They get $50,000 if they can stay for a certain amount of time, and it was America's vote for who they would offer it to. If the votes weren't $1 each, I would have voted, but since I didn't, I'm just going to hope that it's someone good. I think that Ragan, a college professor (who has kept his Ph.D secret from the house) would be an excellent candidate. People trust him. He's funny, he's nice, he's charismatic, and I think that he's creative enough to pull of being the saboteur without anyone knowing that it's him. I guess well see who it's going to be.

I'm sure that you were really curious to know all of this information about Big Brother, but I'm bored and it's what I was thinking about. :) Have an excellent Saturday & Sunday! I will leave you with a question, so that I can find fellow Big Brother viewers.

Are you a Big Brother watcher? What do you think about the season so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment