Thursday, August 19, 2010

Le sigh.

Since I have billions upon billions of readers, I'll apologize now for keeping you all on the edge of your seats waiting for a new post.

What have I been doing, you ask? Well, you didn't ask, but you're going to hear it.

Last week I was having a Nip/Tuck marathon via Netflix (the only perk of my husband having an XBox) and let's be honest here: watching those episodes was for more exciting than me finding something to ramble about. Of course everyone finds me delightfully entertaining, Nip/Tuck is still better than me.

We were house-sitting this weekend, and I really had little to do, so I managed to get through the rest of the series. (I was on season 5 of 6). I know, major waste of time, but whatever. What else am I supposed to do? I'm not cool enough to get hired for a job that I definitely meet the qualifications for and then some.

Let's talk about that.

HIRE ME NOW, mkay? No? That doesn't work?

I feel like I have submitted ninety-trillion resumes with a personalized letter of interest for each job for each school for each district. I applied for 6 different jobs, and it's looking pretty grim. Hardly any other districts have any openings left, (openings which I have applied for, wasn't called back on and then the jobs closed) and it's just so frustrating. I know, we have a huge population of unemployed people in the world, blah blah blah, and it didn't really bother me that I wasn't working, except I feel like working. My husband makes enough for us to live comfortably on, but we can't afford any trips or, oh, I don't know, a house or something.

Students in the area start school on Monday. If things don't work out for me, (which I'm sure they won't) then I'll just go and try to find a job doing something else, that not at all in my field that will do nothing to build my resume.

Sweet.

Can you tell I'm frustrated?

No comments:

Post a Comment