Monday, February 13, 2012

Oh, food.

It's crazy how being pregnant affects food in so many ways.

I had always heard of cravings and things tasting different or not liking favored foods at much, but it's just different than I expected, I guess.

For example, I usually eat Lean Cuisines for lunch---they're easy to take to work, they cook quickly, and they don't taste too bad. I recently tried a new one, Angel Hair Pomodoro, and I thought it was amazing. I brought another one to work over a week ago, and I just can't bring myself to eat it. It's still in the freezer. Every time I look at it, I'm disgusted---like a little kid would to brussel sprouts.

On Sunday after church, we decided to eat at Spring Creek BBQ with Travis' family and we decided to share the sausage/brisket plate. I was thankful that the side-dishes have unlimited refills, because the meat wasn't appetizing, but the macaroni and cheese was perfect to me.

I'm even having trouble getting excited about peanut butter and jelly, which happens to be one of my all-time favorite things to eat. I always say it's the perfect sandwich, because it's just so delicious and fool-proof. I'm finding it quite unfortunate that there's a growing distance between me and my old friend, the pb&j.

I'm also growing increasingly indecisive about choosing what I want to eat, which is frustrating when you're married to a person who is indecisive. Here's how pretty much every conversation regarding planning a meal goes in our house these days:

Me: Hey, what do you want for dinner tonight?
Him: I don't know...food?
Me: Oh, ok. I hadn't thought of that. But really, I don't know what I want, but I know we need to figure it out.
Him: Well, I don't know, that's the thing.
Me: Ok, we'll have that. That sounds delicious.

We always eventually figure it out, but this conversation continues in different varieties for what always feels like an extensive period of time many times a day. It's hard for me to figure out what I want sometimes, so I just need him to decide for me. :) I just need a live-in chef who can make us both whatever we want whenever we want. Interested? I'll pay you $1 a day. I'll go ahead an wait by the phone. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment