Friday, February 10, 2012

Weekly Update

I have this plan, but we'll see if I actually remember to stick to it.

I'm going to attempt to post weekly updates about how I'm feeling and things like that, kind of like a survey a là MySpace bulletins. I've stolen this survey from my fellow blogger, Salt.

How far along: 8 weeks, 6 days
How big is baby: According to the books, about the size of a jellybean. My ultrasound measurement for Baby Hazzard was 1.5cm
Total weight gain: None so far. :)
Sleep: I tend to get tired early, I've gone to bed as early as 8pm in recent weeks, but I'm beginning to adjust. It's 7:58pm now, and I'm not even yawning.
Maternity Clothes: Nope.
Morning Sickness: Occasionally, mostly just if I get hungry, or if I'm having a food aversion. Those tend to make me instantly nauseous.
Food cravings : No major cravings as of yet, although I have had some. Last week, nothing was going to stop me from ordering a Pizza Hut pepperoni pan pizza...and I never get those!
Food aversions: Yes, yes, yes. On three separate occasions this week, the idea of eating the Lean Cuisine I brought to work that day become repulsive by lunch, so I get something else.
Challenges: I'm having a hard time not helping the kids with the physical aspects of my job, such as moving large set pieces and such.
Movement: Way too early to feel the baby moving.
Boy or Girl?: Again, too early to know. Travis wants a boy, and I just want a healthy baby.
What I’m looking forward to: Less nausea.
What I miss: Delicious White Chocolate Mochas from Starbucks.
Next appt: Four weeks :)

I told my students this week about the baby, and they're excited for me. They're typical high school students---full of questions. Every day they ask me questions like, "How's the morning sickness?" and "What kind of cravings do you get."

It's kind of nice that they're getting to see a more personal side of me, and realize that I'm a normal person. I'm always trying to explain that to them, maybe they're a little closer to believing me now. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment