Thursday, July 21, 2011

Am I a Cyber Hipster?

Probably not, but I feel like one because in about a week's time, I got a coveted Google+ account as well as a Spotify account. ZOMGFTWLOLBBQXOXO!!

In reality, I'm not near as excited as the above fake acronym. I keep forgetting to check my Google+ and I literally just downloaded Spotify, but I think it's a love-at-first-sight situation. I don't think you download anything, but it's kind of like Pandora, but not. You have access to tons of songs, but unlike Pandora, you get to choose specifically what you want to hear. What an excellent way to find new music!

Are you a nerd like myself and want to know the songs from Grey's Anatomy, since they probably have one of the best tv-soundtracks around? Got you covered.

Just type "Grey's Anatomy" into the search box:


Click to Enlarge


And voila! You get an assortment of music! It's pretty legit, yo.

Click to Enlarge

As you can see, I was listening to "Where Does the Good Go" by Tegan and Sara.

As far as Google+ goes, I just like that it makes it easier to sort people. Let's be frank, if you're like me, back in college you added like, everyone you ever met ever because it was nice to have them to hit up for notes and homework, etc for those sleepy days where you skipped class. Was that just me?

Anyway, here I am, many years later and I have about eleventymillion FB friends and I am way too lazy to begin going through those people. There have been times where I thought, "wouldn't be nice to make my friends easier to sort on FB?!" but I can't seem to change the privacy settings and so forth, but I'm pretty sure that you can do that on Google+, and I can be more selective now in who I add. So, props to Google+.

The only dissatisfaction I've experienced thus far with Google+ is that when typing, "Google+" I almost always type, "Google_" because I never have to hit the =/+ key and I don't have my fingers trained to go that far over just yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment