Thursday, April 15, 2010

Boredom Causing Facebook Beef?

Ugh...I'm so bored all the time lately and I feel like even having a blog is a waste of internet space since I have nothing of value to say.

Today, Travis and I are leaving for Dallas for the weekend. There's a concert that we're going to on Friday night which I'm semi-excited about. David Crowder*Band will be there, and I've not seen them in concert in a long time, so that's nice. Fee will also be there, and I'm a fan of Fee. Family Force 5 will be there, and I'm dreading it.

I'd almost rather go up to Dallas and just hang out. I think that I'm kind of "over" concerts. I don't feel like standing for hours with a bunch of people. I don't want to have to cover my ears because of bad audio balancing. Maybe it's an age thing. I notice that the older I get, the more I like things to just be low-key. Hopefully the concert will be really fantastic and I'll be like, "What was I even saying?! I love concerts!"

Pssssh, yeah right.

I feel like a bad person lately, because I've been realllllllly judgmental about crap I see on Facebook. This is probably because I spend far too much time on Facebook and I have way too much time to think.

I think that status updates should have to be funny in order to post. I only appreciate the funny updates. It doesn't have to be hilarious, but at least make me smile.

UPDATES I DON'T APPRECIATE:

"ANGIE JOHNSON IS FIXIN 2 CLEAN THE HOUSE B4 THE KIDZ GET HOME FROM SCHOOL. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN THEY GOTTA PICK UP ALL THERE TOYS B4 THEY GO PLAY WITH OTHER TOYS. TIME TO DO LAUNDRY. TTYL"

"CARL JONES GO TO POOPS-MCGEE'S FAN PAGE AND VOTE FOR MY TURD!! IT'S SHAPED JUST LIKE MY TRUCK!!!! HOPIN TO WIN FIRST PLACE!!"

"TROY ANDERSON GOT JOBS ON MY PAGE FOR MY FARM!! SEND ME A BARN AND A CHICKEN AND A HORSE AND A BALE OF HAY AND A REINDEER AND SANTA CLAUS AND A BOWL OF SPAGHETTI!!! I NEED THEM ASAP!!! THX FARMER FRIENDS!"

"JOANNE SMITH LOVES HER AUNTS/UNCLES/COUSINS/CHILDREN/HUSBAND/PARENTS/NEIGHBORS/CO-WORKERS!!!! ONLY 83% OF PEOPLE WILL REPOST THIS. WILL YOU BE A PART OF THE 17%???"

"KAREN DOBSON HATE THE GOVERNMENT!! OMG, 2012 IS NEAR BECAUSE OBAMA IS PREZIDENT!!!!!!!"

"SAM COOK LIVES IN AMERICA. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PRESS ONE FOR ENGLISH!!"

What's sad is that all of those examples are based off of the stuff people post ALL DAY long. I get that people don't agree with things, and that's fine. But coming across as an arrongant, close-minded idiot does nothing for anyone.

I also am BEYOND tired of being invited to become a fan of something OVER AND OVER again by the SAME person. Take the hint. I don't want to be a fan of your _____ page. Probably because whatever it is that you're promoting is stupid and/or sucks. I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that I think that your band is wonderful when I would never actually listen to your music intentionally. This logic applies to whatever skill or craft is being promoted through the said fan page.

I also don't understand why people post unflattering photos of THEMSELVES? I don't know this person, but this is what I mean:

http://cerulean.blue-infinity.net/pics/bad_angle.jpg

I've been seeing a lot of that lately, and I just don't understand it. My sister and I have actually talked about this topic and decided that it doesn't make sense.

And lastly, excessive punctuation is killing me.........................one day.....................at a time!!!!!!!!!!!

Or what about excessive punctuation combined with odd spacing ????? !!!!!!! That's a new trend I'm noticing as well.

Well, writing this lovely entry has certainly passed some time for me. Thank you to my non-existent readers. :)

2 comments:

  1. I voted for Poops McGee's truck shaped turd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I must say that I have been guilty on more than one occasion of causing political debate with my updates. Normally I won't list my daily activities because I doubt they are of any interest to anyone, but if I've had an extraordinarily busy day I will give myself a FB "attaboy." I have disabled all application posts on my feed and ignore all page invites. That helps a little. I tend to get really annoyed by "friends" that are constantly changing relationship statuses.

    ReplyDelete