Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A recap of my really uneventful life.

Well, today was day 3 of my new workout plan, and I am beginning to hurt all over. I tell myself that this pain is going to be my success, so I push through it, but I haven't hurt like this in a really long time.

Yesterday I focused on my arms and realized that I have no arm strength to do anything. If my life depended on me doing say...a pull up or push up correctly, let's just say that you'd be making a trip to the funeral home before too long.

After I got home yesterday, Melinda and Jill came over in the afternoon to watch Planes, Trains and Automoblies for the first time. I felt that it was necessary for me to expose them to this genius piece of 1980s nostalgia, and they both really liked it. Like normal, we'd pause mid-movie to start chatting and things, because I think it's impossible to have the three of us together and get true silence.

We were talking about workouts and gym memberships, and I found out that both of them have one, which got me thinking...why does nobody ever talk about going to the gym? Had I known that people I know actually go to the gym and it's not just something that you see in movies, I possibly would've been motivated a lot sooner to get up and do it. It makes me wonder who else is working out in secret. ;)

For dinner, I made mahi-mahi with lemon pepper, oregano, basil, garlic powder and onion powder that was cooked in the skillet with a round of EVOO. (Hello, Rachael Ray.) It was DELICIOUS. I do the same recipe with tilapia, but I think I prefer it with the mahi-mahi because the mahi-mahi is a thicker cut than the tilapia and doesn't fall apart so easily, but is equally mild in flavor.

I had invited Kim over for dinner and she came in right as I had finished cooking so we ate and then watched LOST. I won't share any spoilers in case someone isn't yet caught up, but I will say I appreciate that they're slowly bringing questions that I've had since the first seasons back to the surface and answering them. The episode was soooo good and I got mad when this came up:

Cliffhangers kill me! I hate that there are only 4 more episodes left. I am really not looking forward to having nothing to look forward to from June-February each year. Not to mention, I would like to think that Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Hurley, Claire, Sayid, Locke, Sun, Jin and the rest are all REAL people. Not Matthew Fox, Josh Hollaway, Evangeline Lilly, Jorge Garcia, Emilie De Ravin, Naveen Andrews, Terry O'quinn, Yunjin Kim, Daniel Dae Kim, etc.

Have I said that I'm an avid LOST watcher? In case you couldn't tell, I am.

As tired as I was yesterday evening I got a second wind RIGHT before I was about to pry myself off of the couch and head to bed. I hate when that happens. It happens far too often.

I got up this morning around 6:50, made scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast and then met Kim and the gym. We worked our abs today. I'm curious to see if we worked them hard enough. For me, the true test will be if I can feel it tomorrow or not. If I can't, then that's what I'm going to re-work tomorrow. When I was doing my cardio workout, I started getting a headache (of course) and ended up cutting it a little shorter than I would like to.

Yesterday, I put all of my workout and calorie intake for the day into an app on my iTouch, and it measures how many calories you're taking in and burning. It gives you a budget of calories for the day, and I had 548 left over. It made me want to eat a few Oreos, but it was too late to eat. That part is going to be a hard habit to break: not eating when I'm up late.

That's more than plenty of text for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment