Thursday, April 1, 2010

Surprises & Get-togethers

My friend's (Melinda) birthday was last week, and I felt like a jerk because I never called, texted or even wrote on her Facebook wall a happy birthday wish.

A mutual friend (Jill) of Melinda and myself decided to get together and make her a Big Top Cupcake (yes, the one from tv) and drive the 45ish minutes to her apartment and surprise her.

Let me just say, Jill and I were really impressed with the Big Top Cupcake. It was easy to use, easy to clean, and the shape held really well.

Anyway, Melinda was excited about the surprise and it was good to visit with her. She's also a newlywed, and today was the second time I'd been able to see him on a day that either he wasn't getting married or where I wasn't getting married. Other than that, I'd never spoken to him.

Melinda and I decided today that our husbands will probably get along really well. They're hopefully moving to the area in the fall, in which case it'd be amazing to have another newlywed couple to hang out with. We don't have many married friends.

Which leads me to having a small dinner party soon. Yay for dinner parties.

I was in the mood to write a little more, but I just came across news that saddened me.

Eva Markvoort, the 25 year-old Canadian that was fighting Cystic Fibrosis that I had posted about a while ago died on March 27th. I haven't been on the computer much in the last few days, and missed that announcement.

65redroses.livejournal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment