Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes.

I signed up for a gym today.

Why?

Because I'm sick of being fat. I mean really sick of it.

It's not that I'm the cliche fat person who sits around and eats her feelings, like the lunch table in Mean Girls, but it bothers me that I can never find clothes that fit. Or that I'm often in the company of some of my really beautiful girlfriends who are at a healthy weight and happy with themselves. I want and deserve that happiness too, and it's something I don't have.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband who always tells me he loves me regardless of what I look like, but which is hotter, really? A jiggly lady, or a fit lady? I'm thinkin' fit is waaaay hotter.

I eat when I'm bored, I have a weakness for foods that aren't good for you and I'm definitely going to have to cut back on the eating when I'm bored and not eating unhealthy foods. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to lots of fruit and vegetables, but in the last year or so, I've noticed that I really love oranges. So I'm going to incorporate oranges into my diet. Possibly for snacks and breakfast. I also love green beans, and I am determined to learn how to prepare them in a delicious and nutritious way. The challenge is finding food to cook for Travis and I both that he likes too, and he is a picky eater. But I can handle it.

The gym has endless cardio machines, weight machines, free weights, a pool, an aerobic room, a room devoted to spinning, racquetball courts, a basketball court and volleyball court. They have all sorts of classes, and I'm ready for it.

I'm excited about this. I'm actually glad to pay the money, because that means that I'll be in the gym, getting my dollar's-worth out of each monthly payment.

So maybe that'll give me an additional topic to write about. It definitely gives me something to do with my day. I'm planning on going in the mornings with my best friend, Kim, who wants to go before she goes to work each day. (She signed up, too.) I figure that's a good way to start the day and an excellent habit to get into. My intention and hope is that since I have no where to be each day, I can do standard workouts with Kim, and then do classes and such after she's gone off to work. I figure it'll have me pretty exhausted by the end of the day, but the harder I work, the faster I'll get to feeling better about myself. And that's the most important part.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. I have read several articles about losing weight and most of them all say to keep a journal. But blogs work too!

    ReplyDelete