Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!

What does this make you think of? That's right! The fall!

When I think about the fall, I think about:
-big trees with falling leaves
-sweaters
-hot chocolate
-cappuccinos in big ceramic cups
-being cozy
-the holiday season
-smiling a lot
-pumpkins

My corner of Texas has gotten the first cool-front of the season, and I couldn't be happier. I like to call this weather "windows-open weather" because it's cool, breezy and there is little to no humidity in the air. After what always feels like 360 days of summer, I always embrace this wonderful change in climate.

Today, my friend and I were running errands with the windows down, volume up and listening to a playlist that may or may not have included Justin Bieber and LFO. I can honestly say that I had nothing to do with the song choices, but I cannot promise that I didn't fist pump/sing along.

The best thing about it? I didn't care because the weather was so fantastic and I was in an equally fantastic mood.

Now that I've rambled about the weather, I will say that I am in the home-stretch for taking my TExES Content Exam, which will prove to the state that I am highly-qualified to teach theatre and that I do, in fact, know what I'm talking about. This past Saturday I went to a one-on-one review that my certification program arranged for those taking the test and my review-leader was very encouraging to me and told me that I will do well on the exam. That gives me a nice boost in confidence and hopefully that will help me to do well on the test.

Taking the steps to finally start my certification program has been incredible. The feelings of happiness and accomplishment that I feel are phenomenal after countless months of non-motivated discontentment. From day to day, I didn't realize how much I missed having tasks to achieve on a regular basis, and this change feels great. It makes me happy. Very, very happy. I've noticed that in the last few weeks, I've felt happier than I've felt in a long time, and that makes me content.

No comments:

Post a Comment