Saturday, September 4, 2010

Little Accomplishments.

When it comes to household chores, I don't really mind them too much. Once I get in a cleaning mood, I can get things cleaned thoroughly and quickly, and I love the way you feel after you've cleaned an entire room or your entire house from top to bottom.

However, there is one chore that I absolutely cannot stand, and that's laundry. My poor husband ends up doing most of it, because I just absolutely hate it. It's SUCH a long process. You have to gather them, sort them, put them in the washer, take them out of the washer, put them in the dryer, take them out and then fold them or hang them and then put them away. It's the never-ending cycle, and I hate it. I would honest-to-goodness rather scrub the toilets than do laundry, because toilets are quick. I mean sure, they're gross, but it's not like my bathroom is a public restroom. You just put the cleanser in, let it sit for a few minutes, scrub it with the brush, wipe down the seat/lid/rim and voila! You're done in 15 minutes or less, and it's not a daily chore.

Sorry, I'm rambling. What else is new, right? Anyway, yesterday, I got a bite from the cleaning bug and decided to really, really clean our bathroom, more thoroughly than I ever had and it's just so stinking clean. Additionally, I have washed, folded/hung, and put away all most every article of clothing/towels in our house. Currently, there is a load of jeans in the dryer, a load of socks in the washer, a small batch of towels and a small batch of shirts that have to washed in their own load, because they were dyed recently and have to be washed in their own load for the first 5 washes. That's it.

I also am about halfway through getting the kitchen cleaned, and I honestly just this minute, since I started typing this sentence decided that I'm going to clean out the refrigerator today.

Seriously. I feel so accomplished right now. I think it's those little feelings of accomplishments that get me by since I still can't grab a job.

Oh, and one more thing. I can rarely smell the detergent we use on our clothes, which always bums me out, because it seems like everyone I know always has these great-smelling clothes and mine just don't. ALL of the loads I've washed since yesterday smell spectacular. I switched from using liquid Gain to powdered Gain because you get 16 extra loads for the EXACT same price as the liquid (64, liquid: 80, powdered) and it's the same scent as the liquid I was buying, but it's JUST SO FRAGRANT and that makes me happy. :)

Again, little accomplishments.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know powder works better than the liquid as far as scent. I splurged on the Gain Apple Mango Tango and was way sad that my clothes didn't smell any better. Time to switch to powder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,

    I had used powdered Tide before, but switched to a liquid detergent because I'd find places in my clothes where there was dried powder. So, I start the water, drop in the soap and this mix it well with my hand, then drop in my clothes and I haven't had any problems with this new detergent doing that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when the cleaning bug hits. It's not too often but it's great when it does. I can handle laundry but Mike does all the dishes. Most dish detergents really aggravate my allergies and I hate pruney fingers.

    ReplyDelete