Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Waiting Game.

Life is so full of fun little games.

There's the OMGI'MABOUTTORUNOUTOFGASIHOPEIMAKEITTOTHEGASSTATION game. (Who doesn't love a good round of that?!)

There's the I'MGOINGTOSWIPEMYCREDITCARDANDHOPEITAPPROVES game, played mostly in college.

There's the I'LLJUSTSLEEP5MOREMINUTESMYALARMWLLTOTALLYWAKEMEUP (I THINK) game.

You know, fun games.

My current fun game I'm playing is...the waiting game.

I can't really go into too much detail now about it, because the whole situation is kind of hush-hush, but someone I know just interviewed for a job and is trying to get my lined up as their replacement, so in order to be ready if they get hired, I have done everything I can to be ready for an interview. Since my last post, I have applied and been accepted to a certification program for teaching, I have registered and paid for my test over my content area (theatre), I have finally completed the whole "changing of the name" task that I've been too lazy to do for months, I have my TB skin test and fingerprints (required by the state) and I just have all my ducks in a row. Did I mention that IF this works out, it's an actual teaching job with actual students with actual pay and benefits for an actual public school?

It would be absolutely fantastic IF this all works out in my favor, and as much as I want it to become true, I refuse to let myself get overly hopeful about the situation. I am preparing myself for them to call me and say, "sorry, it's not going to work out, peace out, homie" because if that actually happens, I won't be ready to chug a gallon of bleach. IF it does work out in my favor, then I'll know that I'm incredibly lucky and blessed to the in the situation and hit the ground running. It's sort of difficult to keep that mentality, which is why I keep typing "if" in all-caps, but it's because I want it so badly. I know that if it doesn't work out, then something better WILL come along, but it would just be nice IF this does work out in my favor.

We will see as the waiting game continues.


1 comment:

  1. Oooh. I really hope this works out for you. I feel like life is just a constant series of waiting games. It's kind of sad really. The human condition I guess. Reminds me of Seuss' "Oh the Places You'll Go." One of my all time FAVORITE books.

    "You can get so confused that you’ll start in to race down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space, headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.

    The Waiting Place…for people just waiting.

    Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come, or a plane to go or the mail to come, or the rain to go or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow or waiting around for a Yes or No or waiting for their hair to grow. Everyone is just waiting.

    Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite or waiting around for Friday night or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil, or a Better Break or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants or a wig with curls, or Another Chance. Everyone is just waiting.

    No! That’s not for you!
    Somehow you’ll escape all that waiting and staying. You’ll find the bright places where Boom Bands are playing. With banner flip-flapping, once more you’ll ride high! Ready for anything under the sky. Ready because you’re that kind of a guy!"

    ReplyDelete