Monday, October 25, 2010

For Anyone That's Curious.

First of all, let me say how much I appreciate all of the kind words from everyone on Facebook and TK. It's touching to know that so many people care.

Many have been asking me about arrangements, and here is what is happening:

1. There will be a memorial service for my dad November 13, though I do not know the time or location as of yet. When I do, I'll be sure to share that info. There will be an obituary before too long to get some of that info out as well.

2. Since November 13 is so far away, we have arranged to have a very casual and informal gathering of my dad's friends and family (as well as anyone that wants to come out and support me or my siblings) for this Tuesday, October 26. Due to the informal nature of this gathering, there will not be an obituary until it's time for the memorial service.

Nobody had the space in their home for it, so we chose to have it at the First Baptist Church in my hometown in the chapel. We chose the church because I could get it quickly and it wouldn't cost us anything.

The time is from 4-8pm so that all of my dad's work friends can come and go as they need to around their shifts.

We just wanted a place to look at pictures, listen to music and share stories about my dad. If you were among those that were asking, this was the best way I could think of to get the info out there.

If you have any questions, you know how to get in touch with me.

Additionally, we're asking that nobody hassle with sending flowers/plants, etc, but we do understand that some people want to give to pay their respects. If you're interested in donating, we ask that you donate to the UTMB Cancer Center. Your donation will go to fund scholarships for medical students seeking a career in oncology. Please ask me for details about making a donation there.


Another place that we would appreciate donations is to the American Heart Association.
Visit donate.americanheart.org for more information.

Again, thank you for all of the kind words from everyone!

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment